Curriculum & Learning
At Burnt Mill Academy we offer a broad and balanced curriculum.
Through the subjects we offer, our pupils develop aspiration, respect, and an understanding of the world they live in. Through our knowledge rich curriculum our pupils learn the best there is to know about their subjects.They develop the ambition to become experts in these subjects.
When opportunities arise, they are taught about the careers and opportunities that studying these subjects provides them with. We want our pupils understand the world in which they live and how they can explore the opportunities it affords them.
Most of our pupils live in Harlow. It is a town that is changing, the demographic is becoming increasingly diverse. It is important that our curriculum enables our pupils to develop self-respect and respect for others.
When delivering the curriculum our teachers focus on developing our pupils oral and written communication. Our teachers ensure that our pupils are given the opportunity to explore knowledge through oral activities and express knowledge and skills by writing to an academic standard.
- Curriculum Map ADT28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map Computer Science28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map English28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map Geography28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map History28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map Maths28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map MFL28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map Music28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map PE28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map Religious Education28th Jan 2023
- Curriculum Map Science28th Jan 2023