Exam board: AQA
Course code/specification number:
What will students learn about?
Understand and provide information and opinions about these contexts relating to a range of topics relevant to the student and that of other people, including people in countries / communities where Spanish is spoken. Some of these topics include:
- Leisure, free time and the media
- Relationships and choices
- Home and the environment
- Work and education
- School/ college and future plans,
- Current and future jobs.
What skills will students develop and demonstrate?
Students will develop a range of skills including reading, writing and listening skills. Students will also develop:
- an understanding of Spanish in a variety of contexts.
- knowledge of Spanish vocabulary and structures
- transferable language learning skills
- the ability to communicate effec- tively in Spanish
- awareness and understanding of countries and communities where Spanish is spoken.
How will students’ learning be assessed?
GCSE Spanishhas a Foundation Tier (grades 1–5) and a Higher Tier (grades 4–9). Students must take all four question papers at the same tier. All question papers must be taken in the same series.
What can students’ progress on to after completing this course?
Students could complete an A level in SpanishTranslating, interpreting, teaching.
What grades can students access?