Health & Fitness
Exam board: NCFE
Course code/specification number: 601/4534/1
Level of qualification: Level 2 certificate
What skills will students develop and demonstrate?
- Pupils will develop communica- tion skills through discussions, debates and working together practically in sporting situations.
- Pupils will have the opportunity to work independently and also in small groups.
- Develop their grammar, spelling, punctuation and answer con- struction.
- Analysing and reading data on graphs
What will students learn about?
Principles of health and fitness:
- Benefits of exercise
- Health and skill related components of fitness Fitness testing
- Balanced diet
- Reasons for taking part in physical activity
- Motivation related to physical activity
Preparing and Planning for Health and Fitness:
- Preparing for physical activity Assessing levels of fitness Produce a nutritional plan
Develop a personal health and fitness programme:
- Describe health and fitness goals
- Design a health and fitness programme and carry this out
- Evaluate and improve the health and fitness programme
How will students’ learning be assessed?
75% of the courses is assessed through written course work. Students will create a portfolio of work to be submitted.
25% of the course is assessed through an examination.
What grades can students access?
Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction*
What can students progress on to after completing this course?
Level 3 qualifications.