Students are expected to wear Academy uniform. It provides a suitable standard of dress, it reflects a sense of belonging to the Academy community and it does help to remove some of the obvious differences in wealth. We hope you and your child will be proud to display the fact that he/she is a student of Burnt Mill Academy.
Burnt Mill Academy uniform is available from Top Form.
Our Uniform is:
- Academy Blazer (black) with Academy badge
- Skirt (mock kilt only available from Top Form) or Trousers (black plain, straight and of a tailored variety. NO cords, jeans or fancy trims or fastenings). Lycra skirts and trousers, cropped trousers, footless tights or leggings are NOT acceptable.
- White Shirt (must be able to be buttoned at the neck)
- Tie (in house colour) – available to purchase from the school through ParentPay or from Top Form
- A V-neck jumper in black may be worn. Sweatshirts or hooded tops are NOT permitted.
- Socks/Tights – white or plain black
- Shoes must be black – NO trainers, boots, backless shoes or canvas style shoes are permitted.Outdoor wear such as a coat should be sensible and preferably black.
- Make-up is not allowed until Year 9; this includes nail varnish. From Year 9 a little make-up worn discreetly is permitted. NO fake lashes or fake nails are permitted for ANY year group.
- Extreme, unnatural coloured or patterned hairstyles are NOT permitted. We would consider short hair styles less than a No. 2 to be unsuitable.
- The only jewellery permitted is one plain finger ring and one pair of small ear studs. Nose studs or jewellery for other facial piercing is not permitted in Academy. No bracelets or necklaces.
ALL UNIFORM SHOULD BE CLEARLY NAMED. WE CANNOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOST ITEMS OF UNIFORM, OR PERSONAL BELONGINGS.
IN CONCLUSION, ALL STUDENTS MUST BE DRESSED IN A MANNER APPROPRIATE TO A SMART, FORMAL OFFICE SETTING AND ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN FULL SCHOOL UNIFORM ON THEIR WAY TO AND ON THEIR WAY HOME FROM SCHOOL.
Please note: Parents may sometimes be persuaded to buy fashion garments and shoes which then find their way into the Academy as uniform items wear out. We ask you to bear in mind that the uniform requirements set out above are long-term.
Aprons will be provided by the Academy in the Food Technology Department but it is essential that an overall or bib-type apron is worn in the workshop. This need not be new.