Burnt Mill operates a cashless system. The following benefits become immediately available with our cashless system
- faster service at the tills
- prevents differentiation of free meal pupils
- increased parental control over lunch purchases
- control over food allergies
- introduction of healthy eating schemes
- control over free meals
- individual reports on pupils' spending can be produced on request
- you can guarantee the money is being spent on a healthy balanced meal and not in the local shop
- an 'upper spend limit' prevents all the money on the card being spent in one transaction. This will be set at individual parents request.
Paying for Meals
Using Paypoint: ParentPay offers you the freedom to make payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available.You will have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password.
Paypoint payments are recorded by ParentPay and can be seen by logging into your Parentpay account and viewing your payment history online.
At the till, simply hand over your card, the assistant will swipe the card through the machine to take off the value of the meal. You will be able to see the cost of your meal and the balance left on your card.
The card is exactly the same for students who qualify for a free meal. Every day the computer will put £2.30 on the card. Any remaining balance is taken off at the end of the day and does not carry over for future use.
If your card is lost or stolen
Let our Catering Manager, Fred Tyne know immediately. Your card will be stopped so there is no danger of anyone else being able to use it. The money held in your account will be quite safe and you will be issued with a replacement card to enable you to access your account. However, there is a charge of £2.00 for a replacement card.