Exam board: AQA
Course code/specification number: 4202
Level of qualification: Level 2
What will students learn about?
Students are required to work in a range of areas of Fine Art. They may explore overlapping areas and combinations of areas: Painting and drawing; Mixed media, including collage and assemblage; Sculpture; Land art; Installation; Printmaking (relief, intaglio, screen processes and lithography); Lens-based and/or light-based media and new media (film, television, animation, video and photography).
What can students progress on to after completing this course?
A level Photography
AS/A level Art and Design Graphic Design
What grades can students access?
Grades A*- G
What skills will students develop and demonstrate?
Students will be expected to demonstrate skills and techniques in the context of their chosen area(s) of study within Fine Art:
- making appropriate use of colour, line, tone, texture, shape and form
- using different approaches to recording images, such as, observation, analysis, expression and imagination
- showing in their work an understanding of the conventions of representational and abstract/ non-representational imagery and genres
- investigating different ways of working, as appropriate to their chosen area(s) of study within Fine Art
- providing evidence of an understanding of spatial qualities, composition, rhythm, scale and structure
- providing evidence of the use of safe working practices.
How will students’ learning be assessed?
Unit 1 Portfolio of Work
Controlled Assessment (60%)
Candidate portfolio selected from work undertaken during course of study and must include more than one project.
Unit 2 Externally Set Task
Approx. 8 weeks preparation time.
10 hours of sustained focused study (exam) (40%)
Candidates respond to their chosen starting point.
For further information please contact:
Miss. D. Walsh Assistant Head ADT email@example.com
Mr. N. Lysons Subject Leader firstname.lastname@example.org